Friday, June 18, 2010

The IIACI Program
















(This is Dr. Janeann Dill & me @ Cannes De La Bocca for the Cannes Film Festival)

If The American Pavilion was the host for our time at the Cannes Film Festival Dr. Dill & the IIACI Program were progenitor & guide. It was through IIACI and the University of Alabama I was able to find a sustainable program with guidance towards traversing the Cannes Film Festival.

This is a small description of the many highlights stemming from Dr. Dill's past and present endeavors...


Dr. Janeann Dill is a filmmaker, artist, scholar, and mentor to young filmmakers, artists, scholars and thinkers. For more than twenty years, her work has been a productive investigation of the intersections of film, experimental animation, drawing, painting and discourse. Dr. Dill's work in the film industry is as an Animation Timing Director and she holds a Ph.D. in Media Philosophy (EGS, Swiss Institute-University), a M.F.A. in Experimental Animation (CalArts), a M.A. in Painting and Drawing (Vanderbilt University) and a Certificate of Live-Action Directing and Editing in New Media (UCLA Extension).
(You can find  The IIACI Program at this link as well as Dr. Dill's blog and youtube channel)





Going beyond this, Dr. Dill is my guidance in my career path as a screenwriter & director of film at Alabama. If I formulated and began to crawl with the idea of jumping into the business she is steadily teaching me the benefits of walking.

At the moment Dr. Dill teaches at The University of Alabama in the New College department helping students gain Interdisciplinary Studies within their avenues of interest. An interdisciplinary degree affords the student the ability to pull from all facets of their interest (throughout the University) while bringing everything under a compact and guided curriculum directed by an advisor.

This is the avenue I'm taking in developing my degree in film (Labeled Interdisciplinary degree in Film Production) at the moment.

Through IIACI and Dr. DIll I was able to make my way to and from France. I'm definitely thankful for the opportunity.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking out the time to check and comment on my blog. I love to hear feedback so if you leave a message be checking back for my reply!

©2010-2011 QUETHELIGHTS| DESIGNED BY JAY DAVIS