Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Canon EOS Rebel T2i




Recently, I've been exclusively using a Flip Video Camera to shot alot of my works. It's not the most professional but it has the capability to get the job done in a very streamlined manner.

When I worked on the short film Face Value I used a Canon XL with my partner, David Kilgo. It worked surprisingly well, but it was a hefty task to load and carry the camera from scene to scene forcing us to keep much of the equipment overnight at varying places depending on the next shot we needed.

I recently came to the conclusion I needed to pick up a camera which would not cost me an arm & leg (The t2i just took my arm), but could still work on a very high and dependable level. A colleague recommended the T2i as the next step towards shooting more industry level shorts.

The T2i at Best Buy  costs around $900. Along with tax and few other gadgets I picked up alongside the camera the total rose to $1,300. That is still a hefty price in terms of a college student, but for a camera I'll probably be using for a indefinitely, long period of time, the investment was necessary. I'm still a novice in the department of cameras in general, but I know three things.

1) I want to make films
2) I want to get better
3) I'm willing to learn

I'll be taking out the time to examine the ins and outs of the camera as well as becoming acclimated to everything it has to offer before I even begin to start shooting anything. I want to be well-versed in my new gadget before I venture into the realm of outside with it. In general, if you happen to come across this blog and are a camera enthusiast please feel free to inform me of  any gadgets I should pick up, sites I should look into or join, advice in general.

I have one more short film to edit and display using the Flip HD before I begin shooting with the T2i so I'm quite interested in undertaking the leap in technology.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking out the time to check and comment on my blog. I love to hear feedback so if you leave a message be checking back for my reply!

©2010-2011 QUETHELIGHTS| DESIGNED BY JAY DAVIS