Friday, November 18, 2011

All I Do is Work

It's been a long time, but I finally finished up my work with Alabama rapper, Drama.

Drama's Work

In my post, I Gotta Hustle, I talked about two rappers I met because of my affiliation with North Greene Records.

After sitting down to talk, both Drama and Trent showed interest in working with me. Trent actually came to me with the idea of working on a music video first, but Drama ended up being getting the process rolling.

Pre-production to post-production took around three months. I decided to downsize my role to Director and DP. I soon realized I was far too swamped with other projects to earnestly sit down and edit. Also, some of the stylistic choices Drama wanted were out of my editing capabilities.

That's when I decided to bring in one of my colleagues, Douglas Dillingham of Zombiesquid Pictures. Douglas' work speak for itself. When I first checked it out I was thoroughly impressed. The editing skill he displays at this level are far ahead of most individuals I know. Plus, I needed someone who could get the work done in an efficient and quick manner.

Doug definitely proved he was the best choice.



To contact rapper, Drama, you can DM him through his twitter page @MrNBADRAMA .You can also contact Doug for editing jobs through his website or by his twitter page @ZSquid.

Working on this project definitely taught me I'm more comfortable shooting over editing. I still love editing and I appreciate the necessity, but I'd rather be out in the world with my camera instead of sitting at a computer. I now honestly realize how important a good editor is for a production team.

When all you do is work, having a strong team behind you can make all the difference. Also, be sure to follow @QueTheLights and check out my updated portfolio page QTL Images.

11/22/11 Update: Music Video work featured on website This is Ham. Click HERE to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking out the time to check and comment on my blog. I love to hear feedback so if you leave a message be checking back for my reply!

©2010-2011 QUETHELIGHTS| DESIGNED BY JAY DAVIS