Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Graduates of 2011

2011 was an amazing year for me. So many things went right I have no room to complain about the day to day problems in life.

I don't want to focus on my year in this post, you can check out A Year in Review for that. I want to focus on the individuals who made my year special by accomplishing what I'm gearing up to achieve in a few months, graduating.

Denny C.
Essence Peasant 

My tenure at The University of Alabama has been phenomenal. There is very little I can say I haven't done as a student. Most importantly, I'll be the first male in three generations to finish college. 

Crystal
Crystal Pope

College isn't a privilege. It isn't a given right. I have a lot of friends whose family members all went to college. To them, attending an institution is another inevitable step in life. They rarely realize for the majority of individuals, college is a limited secondary option. For the most underprivileged, it is only a dream. 

Scott Hill
Scott Hill 

I am blessed to say I had options. I had five or six schools offering full scholarships. I ended up choosing to go to Alabama to stay near my family. I didn't want to be too far from my younger siblings.  I have some misgivings about my school, but I know I made the right choice. I wouldn't have stayed here for nearly four years if I didn't.

Caitlin Jones' Graduation
Caitlin Jones

I know a lot of people who attended UA and didn't come back after the first semester. I know a lot of people who attended UA then transferred to another school. I know even more who couldn't handle the amount of money required to attend college and couldn't finish. 

Charlsa
Charlsa Mitchell

I'm just happy to be where I am. I don't take my blessings for granted. There are so many people who wish they were in my position. 

If you'd like to check out more of my graduation photography check out my Flickr! Click HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking out the time to check and comment on my blog. I love to hear feedback so if you leave a message be checking back for my reply!

©2010-2011 QUETHELIGHTS| DESIGNED BY JAY DAVIS