Thursday, November 8, 2012

I Want To Be a Filmmaker

I Want to Be a Filmmaker

I'm now a little over half-way through my first semester at USC's Cinematic Arts Program. I can't even begin to describe how nerve-wrenching this journey has been. I finished up my first film project at USC  (which I'll post to the website at a later date), and I'm now working on the the second, and final project for the semester. 

Honestly, I've always known working within the industry is perilous. Individuals who consider film to be solely artistically driven or the realm of the idiot savant are sadly mistaken. It is a field with a myriad of technical positions and concerete assignments outside of the role of Director. USC vigorously instills an appreciation for all major positions from pre to post production. 

I'm getting a great education, but it's quite expensive. Tuition alone would render most students incapable of attending, but I've had the blessing of receiving support along with federal loans. I wouldn't want this to be the perpetual state of my existence at USC so I'm constantly scouring for potential scholarship opportunities. I came across the Dr. Pepper Tuition Giveaway Competition through my father. Once I found out the entry asked for a video, I knew I had to participate. Here is my entry, I Want To Be A Filmmaker. 


Let me know what you think of my entry! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking out the time to check and comment on my blog. I love to hear feedback so if you leave a message be checking back for my reply!

©2010-2011 QUETHELIGHTS| DESIGNED BY JAY DAVIS