Saturday, July 30, 2011

Stephanie Jones

School is starting back up soon and I can feel the weight of another year looming over me. I decided to take a lighter load this semester to off-set the amount of projects I'll be working on.

Fellow photographer, Kevyn Bryant, has been adamant about me taking out the time to appreciate the philosophy behind being a strobist.

     Strobist - A person who habitually usues small, hot-shoe mountable electronic flashguns (or speedlights), off-camera to enhance the lighting quality of his or her photos. Anyone who attempts to generate professional quality photographs by using portable, lightweight and (relatively) inexpensive lighting equipment, creatively.

This is a quick explanation behind what it means to be a strobist, but it's best summarized through the photographic quality of a picture. There is a point as a photographer your camera, on-camera flash, and natural light will suffice. As a photographer, your ability to grow will be determined by your willingness to venture outside your comfort zone, critique your own work, and buy gear which will allow you to shoot beyond the capabilities of your camera.

This is where Stephanie comes into the story. We've talked about shooting together for nearly a year. Unfotunately, one incident after another kept us from doing so. I honestly thought fate was toying with my portfolio.

Surprisingly, fate was only prolonging the date till I was ready to bring the best out in her.

Steffy

Stephanie Jones











Warrior River

I can honestly see my growth as a photographer and I'm beyond ecstatic about this. A big thank you is in order for Stephanie for being so patient as I put these together.

To see the rest of photos with Stephanie click HERE. To learn more about Stephanie you can find her on TUMBLR. I'm on twitter now as well! Follow me HERE @XLNB as well as my photography account HERE @QueTheLights. Finally, be sure to check out the newest with Que The Lights on our FAN PAGE and TUMBLR.




2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL PHOTO'S!!! I'm really glad you shared that. The photo's came out really amazing.. I'm feeling like I need to book a shoot with you sometime in the near future!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and showing me love! :)

    http://mizzentice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. Looking forward to hearing from you again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking out the time to check and comment on my blog. I love to hear feedback so if you leave a message be checking back for my reply!

©2010-2011 QUETHELIGHTS| DESIGNED BY JAY DAVIS