Monday, February 20, 2012

The Business

When it comes to my work, as well as my proclivity towards featuring videos on the site, I tend to lean more towards my creative side. This doesn't mean my work ends with projects I direct and shoot for my own purposes. On the contrary, the majority of my work is business oriented. Between my own projects (which usually span a good amount of time), I shoot a good amount of videos for The University of Alabama and clients who contract me.

One of the first videos I shot for The College of Arts and Sciences at The University of Alabama was Tanglewood. The video featured a bevy of heavyweights from The University at a dedication of new land bought by the university for scientific purposes.



The next video I produced and directed was The Paul Jones Art Gallery Dedication. The video featured faculty from The University of Alabama and close friends of the late Paul Jones, a well known artist in the Alabama area.


Outside of working for the University, I also shoot freelance jobs for clients interested in working with me. The most recent being the cover of Quang Do's spoken word piece, Knight in Shining Armor. 



I've even had cases where, instead of being the main shooter for a piece, I was instead given the artistic license to envision the concept. For this Fade2Black promo (which unfortunately did not pan out) Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity allowed me to come up with the concept for the video. I then worked with my editor (Douglas Dillingham of ZombieSquid Pictures) to bring the idea together. 


This is really 80% of my work. Shooting or creating ideas for Alabama or clients. In between I shoot pieces exclusively for my own purposes. I was once told if you're good at something, get people to pay you to do it. I'm proud to say I make money doing work that I enjoy. 

Few people can say such. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking out the time to check and comment on my blog. I love to hear feedback so if you leave a message be checking back for my reply!

©2010-2011 QUETHELIGHTS| DESIGNED BY JAY DAVIS