Sunday, February 5, 2012

Campus MovieFest 2012 - I.F.

Another Campus MovieFest has come and go! It's amazing to think it's only been a year since I took up my own reigns and made my first Campus MovieFest film as a director. Now I'd like to present my latest short film, I.F.



In comparison to last year I wanted a complete film, rather than a silent film interlaced with a song. Last year, people were either fascinated or taken aback by my decision to use a puppet as the lead protagonist in the film. Whether or not someone enjoyed it, they all admitted that one irregularity in the film made them keep watching. 

This year, I wanted a stronger story, actors, and aesthetic look, but I wanted to keep one idea from Bottom  of a Glass; I wanted to retain the one irregularity in an otherwise tried and true story. Bottom of a Glass represented the despair and final ascension from pain for a grieving father. The fact the father was played by a puppet gave it a dynamic many were not expecting. 

In the same way, I.F., entails the story of a young child losing her parents and being forced to live a relative. Its unique dynamic stemmed from the inclusion of I.F. (Imaginary Friend) who is sent to help Jordan cope with the loss of her parents.

I hope you like the latest short film. Unfortunately, we were not able to bring home Best Picture of Best Drama this year, but I'm happy with the film I've made.

Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

P.S. We are in the running for CMF's Wild Card Entry. If we get the most views by March 3rd my team and I will still be able to travel out to Hollywood to see our film compete. Please take out the time share the film with anyone you know!

Here is the LINK


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking out the time to check and comment on my blog. I love to hear feedback so if you leave a message be checking back for my reply!

©2010-2011 QUETHELIGHTS| DESIGNED BY JAY DAVIS