Thursday, December 16, 2010

We Are The Brothers Que Pt. III -A Final Farewell

This will be the final installment for the 3pt. series of graduation at The University of Alabama . For the graduation I not only took pictures, but recorded a footage of the graduating brothers of Omega Psi Phi hopping.

This all was done for a specific reason. I'd recently noticed my identity as a photographer could be seen on the website and my photography page , but none so for my YouTube Channel. This led me to the idea of incorporating slideshows as another piece of my work. I first thought about doing so with some of my older pieces, but opted to use my recent work as a starting ground for my idea.

Check out the new video encompassing not only photography from the graduation, but incorporating the video as well to give a more dynamic feel.


Graduation isn't too far away for me. This may only be the halfway point of my third year in college, but with the extent of my studies (especially the fact I've yet to take a semester off-fall, spring, or summer) I could graduate earlier.

This doesn't mean I'm interested in the option. I'm on scholarship plus I enjoy the the act of learning. I avoid this conception of education as merely a step towards employment. This is not wrong, but I find myself more enthused about learning as a process that is continuous & evolving.

I'm not mad at people who want to get in & out. It's just not my philosophy (though I will graduate on time regardless). Also, be sure to check out the archives. You can find an interesting post HERE
The Graduate School Quest - A quick run-down of the three best Film schools in the nation.

Happy Holidays!


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on almost graduating, me too. May is the end for me :-)



    Btw, please check out my blog, i am doing my FIRST giveaway ever! You can enter if you like :-)

    ~Sherine
    Check out my Giveaway!
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this video Xavier! Ivideo is a great tool that makes some awesome videos that can add some more effects along with ProShow Producer! Just fyi.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking out the time to check and comment on my blog. I love to hear feedback so if you leave a message be checking back for my reply!

©2010-2011 QUETHELIGHTS| DESIGNED BY JAY DAVIS